September 12, 2008

Cats and Dogs

This is the worst rain I have seen in years! The meteorologis on our local news station called it a "curtain" of rain. It has been one mighty curtain for sure! They have already cancelled afternoon kindergarten in my district. We are all hoping they will dismiss school early as well. Since our district is in a small suburb of Wichita, KS, most of our children are bused in from Wichita. Many road closings due to flooding will probably force the district to let out early to get all students home in a timely manner.

I dread driving home because I have my daughter's little Tercel today. I am not sure I would make it through a bit of high water. In honor of the rain, today's sites deal with the water cycle.
Note: It took me eight hours to write today's entry. Got interrupted at 10:30 by a call from the nurse at my son's school that he was sick. Went to get him, and on the way home, my hubby called and told me to pick up a sump pump! After scooping water for a couple hours, got the new sump pump installed. School did let out early; I would rather have been there!



Thirstin's Water Cycle
Thirstin's water cycle is a nice flash animation showing the water cycle.

NSTA Interactive
Water Cycle Pathways is an interactive that allows the user to explore the various paths a single water molecule can take as it travels through the water cycle.

H2O University
All things water-related at the H2O University. Information and interactives for grades K-2, 3-5, and 6-12. From the Southern Nevada Water Authority



No comments:

Post a Comment