September 17, 2008

Can You Ever Go Back?

Or do you even want to? I am on the planning committee for my 25-year class reunion. It is coming up in 5 weeks. It will be fun to see old (emphasis on the OLD) friends and hear about what is going on in their lives. I attended Wichita High School South in Wichita, KS. While many classmates still live in Wichita, in a class of 500+ students, lots have moved elsewhere to more exotic places. Well, that is how I perceive it.
Still, I am looking forward to visiting with these friends who live in far-away places. I will enjoy every minute of my weekend of catching-up and reminiscing. I loved high school! However, I doubt I would really like to relive those days. I wish I didn't have to say that it has been 25 years already, (where did the time go?) but I am glad that I am at the place I am now, and not facing college all over again!

Taking You Back
What a great little resource, and sometimes a life-saver! The Internet Archive is a digital library of Internet sites and other cultural artifacts in digital form. It provides free access to everyone, just as a public library does. My favorite resource on this site is the Wayback Machine. This cool tool allows you to retrieve a web page that no longer exists. As long as you know the URL, you can go wayback to find that page that you thought was lost forever! I typed in our district's site URL and it is funny to see how lame our district page was several years ago! Try it today and bookmark it for future reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment