September 03, 2008

Blogging and Exercise

I have determined that blogging is like exercise. If you skip a couple days, it's hard to get back into it. My goal is to post M-F when we have school. Last Friday, my computer was in the hospital all day, so I was truly out of sorts. Then yesterday, I was playing catch-up with emails all day, as well as tending to schoolwide testing.
Excuses, excuses! Today, I feel a renewed energy to type and to sweat! I have my websites to share as well as my workout clothes in my car waiting for the bell to ring at the end of the day so I can head to the YMCA!
By the way, my hubby is a city firefighter and is participating in a plane crash disaster drill. Today's websites are disaster-related.

Masters of Disaster
The American Red Cross has put together several lesson plans for grades K-8 that deal with natural disasters such as tornadoes, hurricanes, and floods. There are lessons for Science, Math, Language Arts, and Social Studies, and all are matched to national standards. Check them out at
http://www.redcross.org/disaster/masters/educatorsmodule/ed-cd-main-menu-1.html

Facing Fear
Also from the Red Cross is a set of downloadable lesson plans covering a range of topics related to disasters or other crises including personal feelings, stress, preparedness and the media's role. http://www.redcross.org/disaster/masters/facingfear/. You have to fill out a form to go to the download page.

No comments:

Post a Comment