August 22, 2008

The Price of Gas

I heard on the news this morning that Snickers and m&m's prices are going up. The story cited spiraling costs as the reason, based on the rising cost of gas. It seems as if every day I hear a news report blaming the price of gas for rising prices.
Thank goodness that the Internet doesn't use gas! I would have to take out a second mortgage on my house if it did. It's funny how quickly the Internet became integrated technology, in that in the business world, it is expected, just as telephones are. While there are still many homes that don't have service, there are many places a person can go to get connected for free.

Wordle
Wordle is a fun little Java applet that allows you to make a "word cloud" out of text that you input. The website calls it a toy, but I feel the possibilities for teachers and students make it much more than a toy. I used it to make a design for my class reunion. Its fun...check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment