August 25, 2008

Creature of Habit

I am a creature of habit. I have a favorite dish at each of the restaurants we frequent, and I always order it. I leave all the ingredients on the counter while I am cooking and don't put them away until after I am finished, even though my husband insists it is more efficient to put away as I go, and I still fold my bath towels the way my mother taught me some 30-odd years ago.
When surfing the Web, I have always used Internet Explorer since it was introduced to me after a short time with Netscape. It is truly out of habit. My daughter installed Firefox on my computer this summer and tried her best to get me to use it. She feels it is highly superior with all of its add-ons, themes and plug-ins. It could be. However, as a creature of habit, I find myself continuing to click my IE icon every time I get on the Web. Just because I use IE all the time, I don't LOVE it. My biggest peeve is that it is text-based. I am such a visual person, that I remember pictures much easier than mere words. I would love to see Microsoft change their Favorites from links to thumbnails. With the number of websites I visit each day, and then bookmark, it is sometimes hard to go back and remember a "name" of a site as it is listed in Favorites. One of these days, I might venture out into the world of Firefox to see how it can make my life easier. For now, there's this

SearchMe
SearchMe http://www.searchme.com/ is a visual search engine that displays search results in a rolodex of images. Search sites, video or images. There is a downloadable toolbar to install, if you desire. The beta version is impressive so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment