April 15, 2009

Writer's Block

I haven't written a new post in a week. I am blaming it on being busy at work and home and writer's block. Sometimes, I have trouble finding a resource to write about. Sometimes, I have a resource I want to share, but the words to introduce and describe it just won't come. I have empathy for students who suffer either of these forms of writer's block when they have been assigned a piece of writing. Hopefully, today's sites will help!

911 Writers Block
911 Writers Block is emergency help for those who suffer from writer's block. Writers punch a telephone key to get ideas for everything from setting, characters, and ending, to how to kill a character, and calisthenics.

Plot Scenario Generator
Archetype Writing's Plot Scenario Generator provides students with the plot to get a story going and the conflict to keep the story rolling!

Imagination Prompt Generator
Imagination Prompt Generator, from Creativity Portal, is just what it claims to be, a writing prompt generator that generates short prompts to inspire the imagination. If you don't like the first prompt you see, simply click the button for a new prompt.

No comments:

Post a Comment