March 03, 2009

Our Love's in Jeopardy

Where were you when I needed you?
Well, you could not be found
What can I do?
Oh, I believed in you
You're running me around

Remember this old song by the Greg Kihn Band? It came out in 1983, the year I graduated from high school. If you only knew the drama surrounding my boyfriend and me then, you would understand what the lyrics of that song meant to me.
Or perhaps you prefer the Weird Al Yankovic parody

Be honest, how many of you sing that version in your head when you catch Jeopardy the game show on TV? Or are you like millions of others who get the famous

Doo doo doo do

Doo doo do,

Doo doo doo do

Do...doo doo doo doo do

stuck in your brain? Either way, most of us have watched the game show hosted by Alex Trebek at least once in our lives. Some of us think we could be the next Ken Jennings, and others of us have miserably failed.

Interestingly enough, the Jeopardy format continues to be popular in classrooms as a way to review material. Today's site has an easy template to create your own Jeopardy game.

Jeopardy Labs

Jeopardy Labs is a super-easy site to play or build an online jeopardy game. No registration is required to create a game that has a game board that looks very much like the TV show. Simply create a password to be able to edit your game at a later date, and fill in the board with categories, answers and questions. Once finished, a unique URL is created for your game. You can go back and edit by going to the edit-version URL and typing in the password. There are over 2000 games already created on the site, but because of the super-simple nature of building, why not just create your own? I created this game for a 6th grade Science teacher in my school. With the science textbook in front of me, it only took about 20 minutes. This will be great for him to use with his classes on the Activboard in his classroom.
My Jeopardy Template

No comments:

Post a Comment