March 04, 2009

Express Yourself

As teachers we often look for ways to make an assignment more appealing to students. We try to get into their world so they will perform well for us. The Jeopardy Labs site I shared in my last post is one such example of making a lesson more appealing to students. A few days ago, I ran across a site that allowed students to create a short newspaper article that generates an authentic looking picture of the article. I thought that would be a way to entice students to complete the task of writing a paragraph or two, which would otherwise seem boring. On further investigation, I found a blog that highlight such sites; so many, in fact, that you could practically make every single lesson of the year more appealing!

The Generator Blog
The Generator Blog is a blog that highlights generator sites. The list is long and distracting! I could spend a few good days looking at all the generators listed. Everything from a dog tag generator to a site that allows you to generate a virtual spatula are listed here. A virtual spatula???? Anyway, I won't spend any time telling you how these generators could be used in your lessons. If you are a teacher, your head will be swimming with ideas once you start looking at the list. Have fun with this one, folks!

2 comments:

  1. What is the link to the writing site?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this, Marcia. I'm going to go get lost in that generator site right now. And um...if there is a spatula in there, I'm a bit nervous about what else I might find!

    ReplyDelete