October 07, 2008

Like an Email Joke, Only Better

I am teaching a graduate class called Collaborative Tools for Enrichment. The class is really about web 2.0 tools. Last night after our first class, one of the participants, and fellow Twitterer pmcanulty, sent me the video below. I followed the link and found it took me to Jeff Utecht's blog, The Thinking Stick. I watched the exceptional video and immediately wanted to post about it. Unfortunately, I didn't right away, but later discovered that two other people had emailed it to me AND I noticed a fellow Twitterer, ddraper, posted it just a little bit ago.
While I was watching the video, I noticed a cool app running that allows viewers' comments to be posted throughout the video. I decided to explore it, and before I could write this post, another fellow Twitterer, AngelaMaiers, posted about the app (see below)!
So, how many of you have gotten the email about "Pumpkins Who Drink Too Much" this week, and how many times? At least the video clip and the app are worthwhile.

Schools We Need
This video clip should be watched by EVERYONE. By Chris Lehmann, it covers 21st Century Skills, school reform, and what is truly best for kids.


Viddler
Turns out the app I was referring to is actually a video hosting service. With Viddler's free service, you can Upload as many videos as you want—you get nearly unlimited space. You can also record videos directly to the site using your webcam, post comments and tags at specific points in the video, and share your videos with RSS and iTunes. Best part: FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment