February 16, 2009

Telephone: The Game

Remember that game you used to play called "Telephone" in which you would whisper something in someone's ear, then have them whisper what they heard in the next person's ear and so on until the last person had to state out loud the message they heard? The fun of the game was in laughing at how garbled the original message became. When my grandma was alive, it was like playing that game every time you had a conversation with her. Her hearing had gotten so bad that she often repeated what she thought you said, and most times, it wasn't even close to what you said. Luckily she had a great sense of humor and we could laugh about all of her "mishears".



Dial2Do

Dial2Do is a service that will help you with a plethora of tasks. Register for a free account, call the telephone number given and simply tell the automated voice what you would like to do. When I was trying it out, I decided I wanted the service to add an event to my google calendar. I dialed the number, said "calendar" and named the event, time and date. The service added the event to my calendar! Ok, it wasn't that simple. My son was sitting with me when I was trying it out, so for the event, I said, "kick Derek's butt". What showed up on my calendar was "pick derick butt". For most events and purposes, I think I would know what "pick derick butt" meant. However, if I am creating an event far into the future, I might just want to go to my calendar and add it.

Other features include sending texts, sending or listening to emails, listening to the weather in a chosen area, creating a twitter or other blog post, sending yourself reminders, and much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment