February 16, 2009

Four Contests

It has been way too long since my last post. I have no excuse other than that I find it hard to do this part of my post, the writing a witty, insightful narrative, before sharing a cool resource or two. Therefore, I have made the executive decision to not feel guilt about not feeling witty or insightful. I am committing to sharing resources even if my brain is set to dull mode.
Kudos to my favorite bloggers who seem to always have something relevant, if not entertaining to say. Double points to those of you who make me think or laugh. I can only aspire to become a part of your class some day!

Today I am sharing two of four contests that I have learned about recently. Tomorrow, I will share the other two. (Aha! I have already found a way to post twice this week without having to turn my brain on overdrive!) One of the contests is for students, two are for teachers, and one is for anybody. The deadline is quickly approaching for a couple, so speed is of the essence, if you are interested.

Doodle 4 Google
This contest, which is promoted by Google, is for students in grades K-12. Students simply design a Google logo that matches the contest's theme "What I Wish for the World". A teacher must register their school in order for students to compete. Check out all the rules on the site. A few students from my school participated last year. None of them won, but it was fun for them and an easy assignment for the art teacher! Schools must be registered by March 17, so don't delay!

SAT Vocab Contest
The folks over at BrainyFlix have created a contest to teach vocabulary from the SAT test. This fun contest has entrants creating videos that teach SAT vocabulary words. This contest is open to anyone, but would be a great assignment for middle or high school students. The best part - the prize money goes to a middle or high school of the winner's choice! The contest is open for submissions until March 16, 2009....hurry!!!!!

Teaser for tomorrow: two more fabulous contests to enter, and the two contests that this blog author has won!

No comments:

Post a Comment