November 07, 2008

Is That "i before e?"

When I was teaching in the classroom, I would have been thrilled to have access to a site that would allow me to plug in spelling words and then have the kids do practice activities online. Back then, I could never seem to find a site that would let me upload my own spelling words.
My principal ran across such a site and sent it to me. I think it is great and am definitely sharing with the language arts teachers in the building.

Spelling City
Spelling City is a wonderful website for children to practice spelling. The site is designed for school or home practice. Teachers, parents, or students can upload unique spelling lists, or use one of the many lists on the site. There are fun ways to practice spelling skills, including hearing the word pronounced in a real human voice, playing many different games, or even taking a spelling test online. Teachers can store spelling lists by completing a free registration. Check out the short tutorial by Tammy Worcester here, or just go straight to the site to get started.

3 comments:

  1. I shared this post on Twitter yesterday, knowing that the teachers that I work with who follow me there would appreciate. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the share, Angela. Turns out that a lot of my teachers already knew about this site. I hate feeling out of the loop! Hope your teachers get use out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete