October 27, 2010

21 Signs

I ran across this blog post today 21 Signs You’re a 21st Century Teacher.  I like this list and can think teachers in my district who are doing, or have done, most of the things on it.  Just last week I was invited to a school to present on wikis and blogs to the staff because they were looking for alternative ways to get information to students and parents about assignments (#3 on the list).  Monday a teacher asked about getting Skype installed on laptops so students could meet with students in another state (#1).  I caught wind of this post via my Google Reader (#19).
On reading the list of 21 signs, I'm sure you can think of other things you and your students are doing.  Why not add to the list and possibly win a prize for doing so?  Even if you aren't the winner of the EdTech Unconference pass or the I ♥ EdTech t-shirt, you will be a winner for helping others to discover fun engaging ways to help students learn.

Simplek12
Simplek12 is a blog I have been following on my Google Reader for some time now.  I find the posts relevant for staff in my district.  At the site you can also find professional development, student curriculum and other valuable resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment